- Upstream processing of cell, viral, and recombinant protein-based products expressed in mammalian or bacterial cells
- Developing cell lines and improving current lines.
- Manage technical employees, including goals and development plans, performance management, career development, training, mentoring, and leading, among other things. The management structure is based on a matrix.
- Designing and executing complicated experiments and projects using a wide range of complex ideas, theories, and concepts in a hands-on lab setting.
- Develop, optimize, scale-up, and validate all phases in the upstream process development group, including cell bank manufacturing and characterization, using expert input.
- Client development project technical lead; successfully communicates project status and gives technical explanation and rationalization.
- From bench to scale-up and pilot scale, including knowledge transfer through clinical manufacturing, leads the development and implementation of procedures.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the project, able to handle multiple priorities quickly and efficiently including conducting and evaluating training for new or current team members and delegating tasks appropriately.
- BA or MS with 8+ years of industry experience or Ph.D. with 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience in both small and large process scale-up for mammalian, bacterial, and viral vaccine development.
- Cell culture, lab-scale, fermentation and pilot scale bioreactor experience.
- Experience in cGMP and pilot scale manufacturing equipment and practices and with the transfer of technology to cGMP operations.
- The ability to work in team oriented environment is essential, as this person will work closely with other members of Process Development Group and participate on multidisciplinary project teams.
- This position offers a very competitive base salary with very flexible on site time (potential to be fully remote). It also offer full benefits package and a competitive bonus.