A top-15 global pharmaceutical company is looking to bring on an Associate Director Global Evidence & Outcomes that will lead the Global Outcomes Research team, which focuses heavily on the commercialization of groundbreaking therapies. This company covers a number of therapy areas neurosciences, gastroenterology and oncology, the purpose of this position is to provide global outcomes research support in Oncology. As a key contributor to the team this individual will inform and lead program strategies with inclusive evidence generation plans and component research studies that identify clinical, economic, patient-centered unmet needs, and patient-centered value that the company's medicines provide in addressing those needs.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the development and execution of plans to elucidate unmet clinical, economic and patient-centered needs and product value to regulators, and patients. This individual will execute and communicate results of appropriate tactical activities including observational and epidemiologic research as well as experimental trials To communicate findings from these studies to relevant internal and external audiences as effectively as possible
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Represent the GOR function and provide strategic input on corporate cross-functional teams related to product development and commercialization to enable and support informed decision making
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to develop and execute successful GOR strategies and plans for one or more therapies in an assigned therapeutic area
- Align with internal stakeholders to meet the outcomes and epidemiology research needs of local operating companies
- Communicate with relevant internal and external audiences, which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners, HTA authorities/payers, patients and others
Skills & Experience
-Practical experience in performing outcomes research, in any setting, including life sciences company, research organization, academic institution or governmental agency, is required
-Experience should include the conduct of outcomes research studies, and the communication of study findings to internal and external audiences
-Familiarity with the role and importance of epidemiology and outcomes research in the multidisciplinary drug development and commercialization environment and process
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in outcomes research is required.
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus five years practical experience
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus five years practical experience
-Masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus eight years practical experience
This is an urgent position, if you are interested please submit an updated resume highlighting the relevant skill sets and experience, also this position does not provide sponsorship.